Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chocolate Almond Crispies

Oh my gosh. I have found a new addiction. It is these crispies. Wow!

I've had a bag of brown rice crispies sitting in my pantry for quite some time. I bought them a while back as finger food for my baby, but he's so out of them now (at the ripe age of 1), so I needed to find a different use for them. And have I ever!

I can't even tell you how addicting these have been. I mean, I really am not going to tell you how many I have had the last two days, because, well, quite frankly, hubby reads my blog posts and I'm just plain embarrassed!

So try this for yourself. It's the easiest recipe in the world and takes a whopping 7 minutes to make (not to mention the ingredient list is very short). And it will really taste like a sweet treat, but I can tell you, my friends, that it is totally okay to binge a bit! (Maybe I just needed to hear myself say that, for reassurance, I guess...!).

And let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below, like, did it have the same effect on you? I'm dying to know!


Chocolate Almond Crispies

1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3 cups brown rice cereal

Melt almond butter and brown rice syrup in a small saucepan over med-low heat. Stir in dark chocolate chips and continue stirring until completely melted (about 3-4 minutes). Remove saucepan from heat and stir in brown rice cereal until all cereal is coated.

Pour into an 8x8 inch baking pan coated with coconut oil. Press mixture into pan with hands so it is evenly distributed. Let rest 20-30 minutes before cutting into desired size of bars.

This recipe is a part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays...

No comments:

Post a Comment