Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coconut Brownie Power Bites

The quest for yet more great snacks has led me to create a new power bite recipe (see my other power bite recipe here). You can't help but just love these. They're raw, refined sugar free, full of protein and fiber and omega-3's... and they will get you pumped up with energy too. These make a great pre- and post- workout treat.

Did I mention they're also super kid-friendly? My kids would eat and eat and eat these babies, all in one sitting, if I let them. Instead, I allow them the indulgence of one or two of these healthy treats for a bedtime snack, and feel no pangs of guilt whatsoever. It truly brings a smile to my face when I know my kids are eating healthy and loving it.


Coconut Brownie Power Bites

3 cups walnuts
3 cups Medjool dates
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquified
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch cinnamon and salt

Grind walnuts to a coarse grind in a food processor. Add dates and pulse for 30 seconds to a minute, until a dough-like consistency is achieved. Add shredded coconut, coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt and pulse again until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.

With a small spoon, scoop out the dough and, with your hands, form into balls of desired size. Store in the refrigerator.

Did I mention my kids love these?!

No comments:

Post a Comment