Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Popsicles

I love a good book. You know the kind; it's so good you can't put it down and you find yourself ignoring all the chores calling your name... and it's hard for me to ignore chores because I'm a do-er. Sitting still, no matter what the reason, has never come easily to me. So here I am this afternoon during the boy's naptime, reading, feeling a little guilty for all the dog hair that needs to be swept up, but I just can't help myself.

This is also how I feel sometimes when I get in the kitchen. I just can't help myself; I get addicted to the experimentation and find myself asking questions like, "What happens when I put an apple, mint, and miso into the Vitamix? Do I get a really fantastic dressing?" And before I know it, it's been like an hour (or two or three) and I have all of these bowls and jars filled with my food experiments.

That's kind of how this recipe happened. It's very simple, but oh my, so yummy, and from my kitchen, also so very healthy. Perfect for these continually hot summer days. And blueberries again? You betcha! Sorry, I hope you're not getting sick of the blueberries in my posts, but it's just what we in my house have been craving.

Blueberry Popsicles


1 cup whole plain yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup Xylosweet

Mix ingredients together in Vitamix or other high powered blender. Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer until frozen.

Makes 4-5 popsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment