Monday, July 18, 2011

Artichoke Salmon Salad

I was in a salmon kick last week and made tons of it one night so I'd be sure to have plenty of it as leftovers throughout the week. And I did. I felt like I was eating salmon for lunch and dinner for days! By the end of the week, I needed to come up with a way to use my remaining salmon in a unique way.

Based on one of my staple tuna salad recipes, I simply replaced the tuna with cooked, flaked salmon and voila!, a new favorite recipe is born. This is really creamy and rich (thanks to the good fat and omega 3's of that wild, Alaskan caught salmon), but yet it perfect for a light lunch when paired with simple greens or tucked inside a brown rice tortilla.

A couple of notes: I used canned, water packed artichokes to save on time, and you could also used canned, wild caught salmon if you don't have any cooked salmon readily available.

Artichoke Salmon Salad

Salad:
1 cup flaked, cooked salmon
1 green onion
3 artichoke hearts

Dressing:
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons mayonaise
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
5 drops liquid stevia
salt, pepper

Put salmon in a bowl. Chop green onion and artichoke hearts and add to salmon. Combine all dressing ingredients, whisk, and pour over salmon salad mixture. Mix until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment