Monday, July 11, 2011

Curry Vinaigrette

This recipe was inspired by a recipe from my friend's CSA newsletter. She made their version of it and served it over mixed greens one night when we were over for dinner, and my husband and I could not stop raving about it. I came home and knew I had to come up with a curry vinaigrette recipe of my own. I am a curry lover, and if you are like me, you will swear by this vinaigrette. It's become my new favorite; I love it so much I've dubbed it "the liquid gold." 

I'm into super simple mixed green salads these days as a product of our extremely hot weather, so that is how I've been using this dressing the most. However, I also think it would be delicious drizzled over some steamed kale or grilled veggies. 

Curry is such healthy a spice to add into your lifestyle. The turmeric is what makes it that beautiful yellow-gold color and it is beneficial for preventing cancer and is healthful in so many other ways!


Curry Vinaigrette

1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey (preferably raw)
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
salt, pepper
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Add dijon mustard through apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. While continuing to whisk, slowly stream in the olive oil until emulsified.

Serve over mixed greens or over any steamed or grilled veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment